background

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cohen Jaxon Smith


Cohen decided to come a little early, six days before my due date and one day before my induction. I was expecting an easy delivery because Ryders labor was only two hours and he was out on the second push. Cohen labor was a little more intense.  One am on Sunday morning I woke up with a strong contraction, since this has been happening all week I really did not think much about it. They were about ten minuets apart for about two and half hours. I decided to take a bath and figured they would go away but when I got out they started to get a little closer to six minutes apart. At this time Darren woke up and wanted to take me to the hospital but I still not believe it was the real thing. So I paced around the house waiting for them to go away. Finally I decided that it was safe to go when they hit three minutes apart around five in the morning. So we headed out in the big snow storm for the hospital. When we arrived I was contracting every 2-2 1/2 min.  Things seemed to be progressing normally I got hooked up to the epidural (LOVE the epidural.) About ten minutes after I was hooked up I started feeling not quite right and within a couple minutes after that I was out. The nurses and doctors decided I had an eclampic seizure I had no signs and all my vitals seemed normal but I guess this can some times happen. After the seizure they decided to hook me up the Magnesium Sulfate to prevent anymore. I hope to never  to be hooked up to that again I felt horrible for the next 24 hours and could barley sit up. After all this happened my contractions slowed down so they hooked me up to pitocin they wanted me to deliver as soon as possible because it is the only way to cure eclampsia. After a couple hours I was slowly progressing and that is when they realized that Cohen was face up so he was having a hard time coming down and his head was putting a lot of pressure on my cervix which made it swell. When I finally got to a 10 they had to push back my cervix and turn Cohen to get him to come out. So after 15 minutes of intense pushing and a stuck shoulder Cohen finally made his appearance weighing 9lbs 10oz and 21 inches. I knew he was going to be big but not almost 10 lbs! I am super happy that he is finally here.  I was so ready for him to be out my belly.



first picture with mom and dad about 10 minutes old!
Family of 5!


Very first Picture not the almost attractive pose!

0 comments:

counter